Speed Dial is a Firefox extension designed to give fast access to your most used websites.
To do that, it provides different alternatives:
- Speed Dial tab: a new tab can be loaded in every new window and/or tab (by default, in new windows). That tab tab can be accessed anytime by accessing the "chrome://speeddial/content/" location.
- Keyboard shortcut: if you press the "Control" key and a number, you'll access the website assigned to the Speed Dial entry with the same number (pressing "Control" and "Shift" at the same time will open that website in a new tab).
- Speed Dial button: a new button can be added to the toolbar. Clicking on it will open Speed Dial, and it also features a "drop down" list with the currently assigned websites.
The Speed Dial tab is the primary way to manage this extension. It shows a mosaic composed by the different assigned websites, that will be shown as thumbnail.
When this extension is installed, 2 new buttons will be available for the toolbar. To add them:
- Right click on the Firefox toolbar.
- On the contextual menu, choose "Customize...".
- Locate the new Speed Dial buttons on the "Customize Toolbar" window.
- Drag the button you want to use, and drop it on Firefox's toolbar.
- Once you're finished, click on the "Done" button, which is placed at the bottom right side of the "Customize Toolbar" window.
The "Speed Dial" button was already described above. The "Set As Speed Dial" button provides a fast way to assign a website to a Speed Dial entry.